State Of Flexi Staffing Industry in India [Infographic]
Temporary Staffing or Contract Staffing is a process where companies hire professionals as per the requirements, for a particular period of time. Flexi staffing is often called “contract staffing”, “temping” or “temporary staffing”.
A recent report by Indian Staffing Federation (ISF) on “Indian Staffing industry 2012” which involved a research on Indian Flexi staffing Industry’s size, types and demographics has the following major outcomes:
- India is among the top 5 nations in terms of flexi worker base.
- India’s Flexi workforce is currently at 1.3 Million and is expected to grow to 9 Million by 2025.
- 82% of total Flexi workforce in India is under the age of 30.
- Persons with general graduate degree (54%), higher secondary certificate (17%), and secondary certificate (9%), hold the largest share of flexi jobs.
- Retail, Telecom, Manufacturing, Pharma, Hospitality and Agriculture sectors are increasingly going flexi.
- Average salary of a flexi worker is around INR 10,000 a month.
- 27% of Indians joined the flexi workforce due to lack of any alternative opportunity in the formal sector.
- 92% of the companies prefer approaching agencies to hire temporary workers.
- Most flexi jobs in India happen at the lower end of the skill such as, data operations, accounts, sales, back end operations, administration and marketing.
The Staffing Industry research report also compares the Indian staffing Industry with the global staffing industry. The report mainly talks about the challenges faced by a temporary/contractual worker, benefits to a contractual worker, and challenges for staffing companies. Read the complete research document here.
Download High Quality Infographic
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Currently rated by 0 people