Human Resource Management System (HRMS) – A Real X Factoradmin
What Is HRMS?
HRMS is a comprehensive IT-based tool that can effectively and efficiently manage all your Human Resource (HR) needs. An HRMS can handle all activities under Employee Recruitment, Employee Management, and Employee Development. This means that an HRMS can bring under its umbrella all the levels of employees like topmost employees, senior employees, mid-level employees, junior employees, non-executive cadre, full-time employees, part-time employees, contract staff, etc.
As per market information, it is reported that over the years, many companies have moved up from using HRMS for routine jobs like Payroll Processing to critical activities like Employee or Talent Management. The benefit or spin-off is that if a well-performing employee is managed and retained, it results in direct value added to the business bottom-line.
In this article, we will look at why HRMS is essential for your business, how to go about while deciding if your business needs an HRMS and finding the right one.
For starters, below is an example of an activity where an HRMS can work for you. This is to, catch your attention and build up your ‘liking’, ‘want’ and an ‘appetite’ for an HRMS from TalentPro.
An HRMS can start working for you right from the first task of HR which is recruiting people for your business or company. A close look at the flow of some of the functions will show that your HRMS can manage all activities under a job in an ‘end-to-end’ fashion. Through your HRMS, you can:
• Post jobs
• Receive responses from candidates
• Process, grade or mark candidates’ responses/profiles
• Forward the profiles to the relevant managers for action
• Schedule tests or interviews
• Send out communication to the candidates
• Update the status or result of a candidate’s test or interview
As we said, this is just a sample. If you liked what you just read, get in touch with TalentPro and we promise you that you will be very pleasantly surprised to know what all an HRMS can do for your business.
Deciding if you want to go in for an HRMS for your company is an important business decision. Even before you go in for an HRMS for your company, you need to know if you need such a system. So, how to determine this? You need to ask yourself questions like those given below. What is to be noted is, the questions below are the ‘need analysis kick-off questions’ for which data needs to be collected in a methodical way. It is only when we analyze the data that business needs come to light.
Is my HR department staffed adequately?
Are my HR employees capable of all the required tasks?
Are my HR employees overloaded with routine or administrative tasks?
Because of any one or all three of the above, are HR tasks getting bungled and/or delayed?
Once we gather the data, analyze it and bring it down to numbers, it will help the decision-making process.
Ok, so let us say, that we have arrived at a point where it is proven that your business needs an HRMS. The final consideration at this point should be “how to find the right HRMS”. Given below are a few short pointers that you need to follow in arriving at the ‘best-fit’ solution package. Though what is given below are short points, it is needless to say that each point is an ‘action’ that requires time, attention and a well-planned and scheduled approach for effective implementation.
1) Find a reliable, trustworthy well-wisher like TalentPro
2) Ask for a presentation, information, etc. for you to go deeper and understand
3) Decide on a budget
4) Have your HR department activities mapped and analyzed
5) Don’t limit the initiative to HR, explore if it can be extended to other support functions like Finance, IT or Administration
6) Go in for an ‘expandable’ system that serves your current needs and can take on increased future needs
7) Be open to revamping the HR activities and workflow
8) Set a realistic time frame for implementation
9) Opt for a ‘trial’ version and period
10) Ensure that all stake-holder employees are trained adequately