All You Need to Know about the National Employment Enhancement Mission (NEEM)admin
In 2013, the Indian government began an initiative to harness and enhance the skills and expertise of India’s potential manpower. One such programme is the national employment Enhancement Mission (NEEM). It is a program that was started in 2013 and was overseen by the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). A NEEM agency is a certified, non-profit concern that individuals can approach and gain training and experience
The objective of this initiative is to develop a competent workforce by enabling trainees to understand the nuances of a real work atmosphere through on-the-job training approaches. They are also given the opportunity to earn while they learn and gain exposure to multiple sectors. As of 2019, 43 facilitators across twelve states were approved by the AICTE, and more than 4 Lakh trainees have enrolled under NEEM in these twelve states.
NEEM – Requirements and Process
The National Employment Enhancement Mission is used by organizations around the country.
- Any company, society, or trust that wishes to be a part of this initiative must register under Section 25 of Companies Act 2013. This ensures that they are qualified to register as facilitators with the AICTE. They must have been involved in the field of business training for a minimum period of 5 years.
- A facilitator acts as a liaison between an organization and students or prospective employees. The organization signs an MoU with a registered NEEM facilitator who offers development programmes to prospective employees.
- Programs are usually structured according to the needs and requirements of the organization. Based on the performance of the trainees, organizations may hire suitable candidates. It must be noted that the mission does not guarantee employment. No grant is provided to the facilitator.
- Any individual, in the age bracket of 16 to 40 years is eligible to become a NEEM trainee. Any individual either be pursuing their graduation or post-graduation or may have discontinued studies after Class 10th are also eligible. The candidate is also required to be medically fit as per industry norms. The training period lasts for a minimum of 3 months to 36 months. Trainees will be paid a stipend consistent with the minimum wage of unskilled workers.
Benefits of the NEEM Initiative
- The Industry or organization does not have to worry about any legal liabilities as of the workforce under the NEEM scheme is regulated and overseen by an expert agent.
- A new, skilled workforce improves the competence and efficiency of an organization. It also falls under an organization’s CSR Activity. The organization contributes to nation-building by creating a skilled employee and equal opportunity for constructive education to the underprivileged sector.
- Organizations will find it easier to develop their skilled manpower according to industry requirements and their work culture.
- The NEEM initiative will also help managers develop a proper hierarchy within an organization. Payroll processing services can help in this regard by helping organizations process employee details for newly-minted manpower, maintain their records, and help them stay compliant.
- Trainees have the opportunity to learn new skills as well as gain valuable work experience. The opportunity also gives trainees a chance at financial independence by way of a stipend.
Are you looking for the best employee enhancement solutions? Contact TalentPro today for a wide range of solutions from a tried and tested NEEM agent.